Sunday, April 28, 2013

Word Search



I lost my words last week.

I was gathering them all together like Scrabble tiles,
arranging, rearranging….

Then Boston exploded,
sending my words in a thousand directions.

It has taken a good deal of effort to gather them all back in.
When I was finally able to go about retrieving them,
I found that they had been changed by the shock wave.

Some words, like “celebratory” and “success”
became “sadness” and “confusion.”
Some words, like “serenity” and “tranquility”
are still missing, though I haven’t given up hope of finding them again.

In the meantime, I will busy myself
gazing at the waning moon, watering my roses, exchanging exclamatory text messages with my teenaged granddaughter about the CD she loaned me
and continuing my search for the next good dog who will serendipitously bless my life.

Oh look—it appears I have found a few more words….

1 comment:

  1. looking? yes seems we need more of that,,,"finding" is more elusive, yet...reckon? :)

    ReplyDelete